About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, daughter, friend, reader, wanna-be chef, interior designer who always has a project in mind, music lover, dish & silverware collecter, and runner. Plus a lot of other things, but I don't want to brag :)

11.26.2007

Happy (Late) Thanksgiving

This year we took a road trip to Blanding (about an hour south of Moab) for Thanksgiving with Adams grandparents and aunts that live down there. He lived there and went to College of Eastern Utah down there for about 2 years. It's pretty much out in the middle of all the major places ie: Lake Powell, Canyonlands, Arches National Park, Natural Bridges and other really pretty places. Blanding itself, however has only 1 stop lightso there isn't a whole lot going on. Nevertheless, it was really nice to get away and relax. Cambria did NOT sleep well, or any I should say, at all. Infact, one night she wiggled out of her diaper, pee-peed all over herself and the blankets, then she managed to scoot all but her head underneath the bed. It was pretty silly to see what she had done to herself in the night.
On Friday morning we went exploring and found some Indian ruins, they were pretty intact and interesting to walk around in.

On our way home on Saturday we stopped in a rock shop to look around at rocks that had been there for a VERY long time and I asked Adam to take a picture of me with Cambers since I have a total of 3 pictures with her since she was born. How cute is her smile?!
Look at what the dogs did to Adams shoes. Pretty funny huh?
Hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I have so much to be grateful for...the lord has truly blessed our family.

3 comments:

KRISTIN BELL said...

I missed you all for Thanksgiving!! Yay for Blanding...to bad you didn't get to go splunking! Cambria must love rocks!! she will be a rock lubber instead of an animal lubber! Sorry adam. I think your shoes had seen their day... I bet Cara "accidently" gave them to the dogs :)

Leslie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! My goodness those are two adorable girls! Where the heck is Blanding anyway? J/K - I think I went there once a long, long time ago. I'm happy you had a happy turkey day. Sure do love you!

Corinne said...

What a great trip! Except, I guess, for that peeing thing, and the shoes thing :) Would you believe that I know about Blanding??? We had a couple rent out our basement for a while and the husband grew up there :)