Posted by Cara Rigby at 10:49 AM
So far today has been a great day! Cambria and I went running around this really neat trail that I found and she took a little nap..yay! Then we both got showered and prettied up to go visit Adam at work. Her ear infection seems to finally be going away and she seems quite a bit happier. Adam gave me some really pretty daisies and a sweet card....and that is perfect. I am bummed that I have to spend the night alone though, he has to work tonight. However, nights when he is working usuallytranslates into "nights when I am walking around stores looking at all the fun things I wish I had room to put in my house that is falling off the hill" (not a story I want to talk about today!)
Posted by Cara Rigby at 2:55 PM
Posted by Cara Rigby at 2:32 PM
Happy 30th Birthday Adam babe!
Today was Adams birthday, and it was so much fun to spend the day with him. I can only remember one other time in our marriage where I actually got to spend the day with him and he didn't have to work all day and night. It was super fun! We went to lunch at the Panda Garden (his choice, not mine) and then got a girl from Adams work to watch her that night so we could go out to dinner. We ate at Scaldonis, and it was sooo good! I would highly recommend it to anyone if they are in the St. George area :) We split some lettuce wraps and then had some Chicken & Gorgonzola pasta. It was so great to spend a couple of hours with him and just be together. Thanks Cari for letting us do that! I just want to let him know that I love him so much. There couldn't be a more loving, patient, forgiving, thoughtful, generous or crazy man out there for me, we are so meant to be together. I love to watch him hold and be with Cambria. I love how his eyes light up when he sees something that he is really excited about. He is so good to me and I'm grateful that he took a chance on that silly ward Christmas party and tracked my phone number down :) You make me the luckiest babe!
Posted by Cara Rigby at 9:45 AM
He is turning the big 3-0 on Wednesday, so I thought I would share some info about the love of my life:
- What is his name? Michael Adam Rigby, but all his brothers are named Michael so he just goes by Adam.
- How long have you been together? 5 1/2 years, married for 5.
- How long did you date? We met in July and married in January, so about 6 months.
- How old is he? He turns 30 in a few days!
- Who eats more? Hands down Adam. We go out to eat just so he can eat his food plus my leftovers.
- Who said I love you first? Adam. It went something like "You know I love you, but if you ever want to see me you'll have to buy a night skiing pass because that's where I'll be."
- Who is taller? Technically he is, but I hardly ever wear shoes that allow him to actaully be taller than me.
- Who can sing better? I can read music, but he makes up the cutest songs :)
- Who is smarter? Depends on the subject
- Who does the laundry? It's probably 50/50
- Who does the bills? 50/50 again
- Who sleeps on the right side? Adam, it's impossible for me to sleep on the right.
- Who mows the laen? The landscapers that our HOA pays for :)
- Who cooks? Mostly me. Adam does cook every now and then, but usually I do.
- Who drives? We both prefer him to drive, I pretty much suck at it and he gets frusterated when I do it. Except when we are in big cities and he doesn't know where he is, then I drive.
- Who is more stubborn? I would have to say him, but he would say me :)
- Who kissed who first? I tried to wait as long as I could, but I kissed him first.
- Who asked who out first? Adam asked me and we went hiking to this awesome waterfall in Layton. It was one of the funnest original dates I'd ever been on.
- Who proposed? Adam, I had no idea it was even coming. It was totally perfect...
- Who has more friends? Totally Adam, he makes friends with the random lady in line at the store. He is just so outgoing and friendly.
- Who is more sensitive? Definately me, although Adam can be a softy
- Who has more siblings? Adam is the oldest of 9, I'm the oldest of 4.
- Who wears the pants? When we first got married we decided that neither of us would wear the pants, we would be equal. It pretty much balances out that way :)
Anyone who wants to share about their hubby is tagged!
Posted by Cara Rigby at 11:55 AM
So, I'm in the mood for sharing...doesn't happen often enough :)
Ten years ago......I was just starting my career of bad driving (in 6 months I had already been in 3 accidents) and those of you who know me, that hasn't gotten any better!
On my to do list.....Find something that will relieve the teething/ear infection pain in my daughter, do some birthday shopping for my hubby, make an appointment with the dentist (yuck), talk to someone in my family and try this new recipe for dinner.
5 places that I've lived.....San Diego CA, Bountiful UT, Rexburg ID, Gilbert AZ, St. George, UT.
5 jobs that I've had......Sales Intern at Alpine Tile, Server at Wingers Diner, Assistant Interior Designer for LDS Church, Assistant Manager at Pier 1 Imports, currently Designer/AutoCAD drafter for Split Rock Custom Homes.
What would I do if i became a millionaire.......Buy a car that works, buy my mom a house with new furniture and a brand new wardrobe, buy a 2nd house where our families could all get together in one place, donate A LOT to humanitarian aids, pay off our house, travel all over, and save some for a really rainy day :)
Bad habits....I'm a total nail biter, always have been. I hardly ever use my blinker when I'm driving. Target. It is one of my favorite stores and I spend WAY too much time there.
Things I enjoy......laughing with Adam, playing and kissing Cambria and my niece Maci, hanging out with my mom and sisters, spending time with my family, being outside, watching videos of people falling, making cards, art and music, reading and vaccuuming. I know, that last one is super weird.
Things people don't know about me.....One of my favorite movies in the whole world is "What About Bob?" I could watch that movie and laugh just as hard every time. I don't know how to sew or swim.....at all. I couldn't sew a button on a shirt to save my life. Although, I think it would really come in handy. My sister and I did take a sewing class a long time ago where we made swimsuit cover ups with matching scrunchies and that may have been the end of sewing for me :)
I tag.....Kristin, Ashley Knell, Lauren, and Camille.
Posted by Cara Rigby at 11:19 AM