About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, daughter, friend, reader, wanna-be chef, interior designer who always has a project in mind, music lover, dish & silverware collecter, and runner. Plus a lot of other things, but I don't want to brag :)

7.25.2008

Pioneer Day

I have a friend who moved here from California about 3 years ago and she isn't LDS. She thinks that it's silly that the whole state takes the day off of work to go celebrate pioneers. Granted if you aren't from here and aren't part of the predominant religion, then you probably wouldn't enjoy the cheesy St. George parade with every Primary child dressed up in homemade pioneer costumes and every Stake Presidency in the county riding on horses. Let's be honest, I'm both of those things and I don't really enjoy it! But I'm not one to complain about a day off of work. So as cheesy as it may be, I think it's awesome! Especially since Cambria and I got to spend the whole day with Adam....and those days are far and few between.

We started our day by going to the above mentioned parade. We met up with some friends who had some extra room in the shadiest part of the street. Cambria quickly made friends with some of the older girls and did really well!

Hanging out on dad's shoulders


Olivia is Dave & Britnis daughter, friends from Chuck-a-Rama

I love the look on her face! She is kind of like "I don't know who you people are, or what you are doing to me, but it's pretty interesting." She did so good, she didn't even want to sit with us until half way through the parade, when some stupid mountain man started shooting his rifle :)

Here we are just hanging out!



Cambs and Dad. She is ALWAYS putting her finger in her mouth like that. Weird huh?!

I had to put this up to show my fam that she is kind of starting to get her chunks back in her legs! Plus she is standing like a little diva.

By far the most entertaining part of the parade was afterwards when they had the foot races. They had them for all ages so we put Cambria at the starting line for the under 1 year race. I think there was probably only 6 or 7 babies crawling and then one gigantuan girl who was walking. She took first :)

Camby took third! She got half way between the finish and start line and then just looked at us like "Why would I keep crawling towards you if you just keep moving away?!" So she just sat there. They gave her the third place 25 cent ticket because she was the only baby left out there. Either way, we are proud of her :)

After our exciting morning we came back and took a nap and just hung out. We left later that night to go see fireworks but couldn't find them anywhere. It was a nice day with my babies, even though we missed our family. Hope you had a great 24th of July, even if it was just another Thursday for you!

6 comments:

Karly said...

I love the pictures of her finger in her mouth, it's so cute. And I wish I could have seen her in the race, that sounds pretty funny. Glad you enjoyed your Pionner Day! It's funny how different it is here, I forgot it was Pioneer Day until your mom called me and told me. It's like 2 different worlds!

Lauren Maley said...

how fun! I love that they had a leg race for kids under 1, that is hilarious.

KRISTIN BELL said...

Pioneer Day is great!! How can you complain about an extra holiday? Plus you get to watch wild cow milking for fun! I am so proud of Sscuzzin scambers!! she is so smart and Looks like she is about to start walking!

Cody and Haylee said...

I absolutely love your pictures! Cambria is so adorable! The diva one is my favorite - She's sticking out her bootie and everything :) Cara, I didn't know this was possible, but you are gorgeous in a hat!.. I usually wear one to cover up my nastiness... but you, WOW!
And I'm positive I'll forget to call so tell Cambria Happy Birthday from us! SMOOCH! (kisses too!) LOVE YOU Baby Girl!!!

Sarah said...

I wish I could have seen the baby race too...that is awesome! I too love the Diva picture and her chubs!

Todd and Rikki Smith said...

Iam glad you found us I didnt evenknow you guys had a blog. Your pics are so cute. Cambria is such a doll and she is getting so big!!she has the cutest little smile and chubby cheeks.thanks for inviting us to her bday party it was fun to see you guys. Hopefully you will come up mon for todds get together!!