About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, daughter, friend, reader, wanna-be chef, interior designer who always has a project in mind, music lover, dish & silverware collecter, and runner. Plus a lot of other things, but I don't want to brag :)

7.16.2008

Hyosung Aquila AKA "Rapp"

Meet the newest member of our family & insurance. This is "Rapp" appropriately named after Adams newest hero, Mitch Rapp: America's Greatest Terrorist Assassin. (Thanks, Tan!) He said it was a hard choice between Jack Bauer and Mitch Rapp...those are his "tough" choices. :) Doesn't he look cute & bad to the bone on his motorcycle? On a whim, one day like two months ago I decided to put my crappy car up for sale. I went to meet with a client and got a phone call asking about my car. Sold it later that day to an unsuspecting Hispanic. He test drove it though, so I don't feel too bad. So, we have been borrowing Adams work truck while he has been on the search for this motorcycle. He FINALLY got it last Saturday and is pretty excited, a Hyosung Aquila 250 cc. At 110 miles to the gallon, I can't complain. If anyone out there has a motorcylce, Adam needs a partner to go on road trips with! He is seriously debating growing out a handle bar mustache and where to put his "I LOVE MOM" tattoo. If anyone has any suggestions.....



My Biker Babes!
By far though the best thing about his bike for me (besides going on rides with him) is the users manual that is directly translated from Korean into English. It is hilarious. Infact there are somethings that just downright don't make any sense at all. I listed a few and am laughing out loud as I write them.
*If keep running in condition that full choke lever, cause in fuel excess exhaustion, high speed not running, damage of ignition plug. (Seriously?! Does anyone remotely know what that might mean?)
*Necessarily, confirm and clean the oil strainer when replace the Engine, specially when first replace ment.
* After replaced the front brake pads, the brake lever pull and release several times so that it is setting at the original place. Then, do not riding the motorcycle untill operating the brake fluid and becoming the brake distance.
I guess that's the draw back to buying foreign products huh?! That and the fact that the speedometer is in kilometers. Adam feels like a rebel when he has to go 120 kilometers on the freeway just to reach the appropriate speed limit!

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

The bandana is wicked! Love the bike :) I am a dirt bike kind-of-girl and have too many scars to prove it. My dad rides a Harley, shaves his head, and has a black/gray beard that is pretty long....oh, don't forget the chaps and bigger exhaust. (not that Harleys need it) Let your honey know he can hang out with him if he gets desperate :)

Karly said...

Oh how Chris wants to come visit you even more now. :) Ever since Adam purchased his bike Chris has been looking at them on the Internet all the time. Cambria looks pleased to be on the bike too; I love that first picture of her. Have fun riding!

KRISTIN BELL said...

That is one mean looking "Biker Gang"... you better lock your doors or they might steal your plates.

KRISTIN BELL said...

....or something else you really like.

Lauren Maley said...

wow. honestly, is there anything else to say?

Cody and Haylee said...

Oh Cara, I LOVE IT!!! Adam is completely badass :) Do you ride it on your own?... the bike looks like it weighs more than you! Cambria is such a cute little biker babe!

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

That looks like one bad hog! How fun for Adam. I'll bet he's like a little kid. Does he tuck it in at night? :) I was HOWLING at those Korean translations! Thanks for posting them!

Jen Heward said...

He doesn't look so tough with a cute little baby riding with him.