About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, daughter, friend, reader, wanna-be chef, interior designer who always has a project in mind, music lover, dish & silverware collecter, and runner. Plus a lot of other things, but I don't want to brag :)

5.21.2008

Pura Vida - Part 3 May 8-12

So, the last few days we were in Costa Rica we spent on Tamarindo Beach in this totally awesome hotel (http://tamarindodiria.com/). In fact, I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel that nice before...a huge breakfast buffet, right on the ocean with 2 huge pools. It was lots of fun. We got to Tamarindo Thursday night after a LONG drive in the car....it's really a good thing I don't get motion sickness. We decided to pay the obscene amount of money they charged to go snorkeling, which neither of us had ever done before, and booked it for the next morning at 6 am! I don't even get up that early when I'm not on vacation :)



The cost to go included the taxi drive there, snorkeling and lunch which means crazy Costa Rican man driving hideously fast on bumpy rodes, snorkeling and pineapple. However, what they don't tell you is how you get to the actual place that you snorkel at....see picture below. Yep, we paddled ourselves out about 30 minutes from this beach to get to the cove. My sister would have been so excited to do this....it's just her thing to workout while on vacation, but me...not so much. It was awesome though, because when we got out off the beach there were a couple of sea turtles swimming close by. Adam was so excited :)
We did the snorkeling thing, which by the way was a lot funner than I expected. We saw and got to hold: jellyfish, puffer fishes, sea cucumbers, a crab and tons of fish. It was so fun to just lay there on the water with our heads staring down at all the life below. I really enjoyed it and so did Adam. After our pineapple lunch, they took us on a quick tour of the jungle right off the beach we were at. I think I would have enjoyed that A LOT more had I, again, known that would be part of it beforehand. All I had to walk around the dry forest in was my swimsuit and flip flops...not the most conducive for hiking and lots of bugs. Needless to say, I pretty much got eaten alive on that hike, but we did get to see a howler monkey. It was just sitting up in the tree making it's really scary noise. Yea, I was scared when I heard it the first time. Again, Adam was excited and probably would have opted to stay in the jungle rather than come home with me.

After we got back from snorkeling and Danny and Lindi got back from scuba diving, (where Lindi almost died. She cut herself on the coral and there were some sharks close by, sand sharks, but still sharks. She was pretty shaken up about it :) we decided to do some laundry at "Backwash." We thought it was so funny that 1) we would pay a ridiculous amount of money to have our clothes cleaned and 2) we would do it at a place called "Backwash." They must not really know what that means.
After we ate at a really yummy resturaunt we came back to our hotel and just vegged....it was awesome. Adam got fried during the day, he forgot to put sunscreen on his back. Or rather, I forgot to tell him and actually rub the sunscreen on his back :) Below are just a few pictures of the native wildlife we saw scampering around our hotel.









Below is a picture looking at our hotel from the beach...it was fun. So, on Saturday we thought it would be fun to rent a surfboard and some boogie boards. I was so excited because I hadn't been boogie boarding since I lived in San Diego...a long time ago. Adam wasn't super excited...we got out in the water and he couldn't catch any waves for a while. But once he did he had fun.





Here is Danny, Lindi and I all on the same wave! I felt like a little kid, we stayed out till late Saturday night doing it and then woke up and did it on Sunday morning. I loved it and it made me miss my family. We are such beach people, we just love it and I knew that my mom and sisters would appreciate seeing it.



Sunday afternoon we packed up our stuff and drove up to Liberia (2 hrs) and stayed in a hotel that was close to the airport. We called our moms and then just waited. That was the day that I really started to miss Cambria and be anxious to see her and hold her. We were so busy during the week that eventhough I missed her, I didn't really have a chance to just stop and think about her and look at some of the pictures that we had of her. Adam and I had to drive Danny and Lindi to the airport at 5 am on Monday and our flight didn't leave until 1 pm. On the way to the airport, Danny remembered that they had left their coats in Tamarindo and were bummed about it. After we dropped them off, Adam and I decided to pack up and drive back to get their coats...rather than sit around the nasty hotel room. (It really was the nastiest one we stayed in. My coverlet smelled like someone had horrendous BO and just rolled around on the bed. I know...sick!)



It was an amazing trip, we had so many good laughs with Danny and Lindi and I loved being able to spend so much time with Adam. Thanks to both of our families who helped watch Cambria...she had lots of fun. It's got me thinking that this traveling stuff isn't so bad and I'm already scoping out where our next trip will be.....any ideas!

0 comments: