About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, daughter, friend, reader, wanna-be chef, interior designer who always has a project in mind, music lover, dish & silverware collecter, and runner. Plus a lot of other things, but I don't want to brag :)

10.17.2007

Mommyhood

It's funny, no one can really prepare you for mommyhood. It's not that people don't try but it's really just something that can't be prepared for. Or maybe my expectations were unrealistic. These thoughts come as I sit here, supposed to be drafting, but all I can do is smile at Cambria as she sticks her tongue out and smiles and is trying to talk to me. I distinctly remember saying to a friend at work that there was no way I could stay at home all day for 6 weeks and not work. I truly thought that I would be bored out of my mind because really, how hard can it be to take care of a baby who can't do anything? I'm laughing as I think of it because often times all I can accomplish in the course of a day is take a shower and put makeup on!
I am not a horrible person for what I am about to say, I was truly just ignorant. I had no way of knowing. With that said, I remember thinking BEFORE I had her that she would "cramp my style" in so many ways and that I would really love it if I could go back to work full time and have someone else watch her. I couldn't have been more wrong. True, she does cramp my Target shopping time and me and Adams quietly watching a movie while cuddling time, but it couldn't be more rewarding and wonderful! I really never thought that I would enjoy being home with her, but it is wonderful.
Yep, gotta go Cambria is drowning in the profuse amont of bubbles she is making!

4 comments:

KRISTIN BELL said...

Glad I'm not the only who was totally shocked at how motherhood changes you. I am really in denial about having to go back to work. As hard as it is for me to not go get in my daily exercise, stay home all day accomplishing virtually nothing, and give up my treasured nap time... I couldn't imagine life without this angel anymore. It is such a blessing. I melt everytime I look at her.

Leslie said...

What an adorable little family! I'm thrilled for all of you. The only thing better than motherhood is grandmother-hood! It's a blast. Love you all

ashley knell said...

cara and adam! hey! it's your cousin, ashley, in case you weren't sure...there are so many ashleys out there. cambria is beautiful. congratulations on becoming parents. i'm sure it's wonderful. i love that i found your blog! let's be in touch! love and miss.

erin sheely said...

it's sooo true. nothing can really prepare you for that leap. but it's awesome and the whole thing is just one huge learning curve. you go!