About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, daughter, friend, reader, wanna-be chef, interior designer who always has a project in mind, music lover, dish & silverware collecter, and runner. Plus a lot of other things, but I don't want to brag :)

2.12.2009

Sledding Day

When we were up north for Adam's grandmas funeral we had a little bit of spare time and decided that we would take Cambria sledding. We got her all bundled up in Indee's snowclothes and took her down the hill. She LOVES the snow. One more sign that she is Adams daughter, she does not get that love from me! She had so much fun! I don't know that she had so much fun going down the hill as she did grabbing handfuls of snow and sucking on it. Oh yeah, and riding around in the sled...she enjoyed that.





I had such an awesome time being with Adam and his brothers that weekend. Just like it was a real bonding time for my family at my Grandma's funeral, that weekend was real bonding with his siblings. It was great to have down time and just talk, laugh, play with our kids, and spend time together. Most of the time when we are up that way we usually have a pretty tight schedule, but for those couple of days we just were together. I want them to know how much it meant to me to be able to spend that time with them. It's been pretty cool to be the first sister-in-law in their family because I've been able to know each of them singly and married and see them become these really amazing people. It was fun to stay up late talking, those are really treasured conversations. I guess as difficult as the month of January was for us, it was also a real eye-opener. The things that we get to take with us when we leave this life aren't the things we spend most of our time in a day worrying about. They are friendships, experiences, memories, conversations, and testimonies. My love for my family has deepened. My appreciation for them has expanded. My desire to be a good friend, neighbor and stranger has grown and I'm grateful for the people who have influenced those feelings. January was a month of loss, but also of growth. I connected with family members, in-laws and precious friends.

5 comments:

cody+sara said...

You know THE CHRISTMAS STORY... Ralphie's brother? I think Cambria might be the next in line for that part. HA! What a cute little squirt. I have yet to take E or Jax sledding... maybe soon. E looks like Ralphie's brother too when he's all bundled up in his coat.

Alder Family said...

Thank you for the reminder about what is most important. It is true that through our furnace of affliction we are refined and the comfort comes through knowing that we are growing and stretching the way the Lord wants us to.

Your sweet Cambria is absolutely adorable!! And what's better than sucking on some freshly fallen snow?

Cody and Haylee said...

I'm so sorry but so grateful at the same time - What you and Adam have been through has been a blessing in my life as well. Thank you for your beautiful words and sweet pictures of little Cambria. Love you!

KRISTIN BELL said...

Your kid is so much funner than mine! I tried to take Maci out in the snow and she played that game where she bends her knees and refuses to put her feet down. I think I've ruined her already.
January was a tough month huh. I will always cherish those moments we had together with Mom and alone as siblings....Such a sacred and special time for us. Amazing how much healing takes place as a family when a loved one is lost...you'd think it'd be opposite. I love you so much!

Kirsten said...

oh my word she's so freaking cute! Where in the world did you find snowpants that small? :)