About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, daughter, friend, reader, wanna-be chef, interior designer who always has a project in mind, music lover, dish & silverware collecter, and runner. Plus a lot of other things, but I don't want to brag :)

6.27.2008

27?!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

Yep.....It's true! I turned 27 yesterday and I just wanted to thank my family and friends who made it such a great day. I really appreciated all the calls and texts and sweet gifts...it made my day so much fun! Adam was so sweet, he started off my big day by making me breakfast. It was so yummy, he did a great job. Plus he got me earrings, which I LOVE, flowers and Sword in the Stone. I love that movie, it totally reminds me of my sister and I :) Then Cambria and I just played and took a nap together and then went to lunch at Cafe Rio. It was so so good. My sweet friend Lacy and her cute daughter watched Cambria while Adam and I went to Springdale for dinner. We went and visited one of our favorite art gallery while we were up there and happened to mention to the owner that we were up there for my birthday. He was so sweet....he let me pick out a 18x24 print for free. It's awesome! We ate at this hippie pizza place, which was amazing. While we were there we saw this guy that looked EXACTLY like my brother in law Brandon looked like 10 years ago. Adam and I couldn't stop staring and talking about how similar they looked. I finally went up and asked if I could take a picture of him to send to my brother in law because he looked just like him. Yeah, he was weirded out, but what did I care? It was my birthday. When we got back home Adam still had a few b-day surprises up his sleeve....a new alarm clock and gift cards to Bath & Body works and Barnes and Noble. Plus a really sweet card....he is so good to me. Everyone was so generous...thank you again. I had a great day and it wouldn't have been nearly as great if I didn't have such great family and friends :)

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a great day :)

Corinne said...

WAHOO!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I love you :)

cody+sara said...

Hey lady!
Happy Birthday... you're so stinkin' old! ;) Hope it was the BEST yet!

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

Cara! I've been so out of it since we went on vacation! I know this is TOTALLY belated but I did want to wish you a happy 27th! Believe me when I tell you that I was thinking about you on your birthday. I will never forget your birthday or Jocey's since they're so close to mine. Sounds like you had a great day! Love ya!