About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, daughter, friend, reader, wanna-be chef, interior designer who always has a project in mind, music lover, dish & silverware collecter, and runner. Plus a lot of other things, but I don't want to brag :)

12.15.2007

Pretty Ears

This week Cambria had to go get her second set
of immunization shots and I decided that I would
get her ears pierced and just make one big crappy
day out of it. She hardly cried when she got her
shots and I was so proud of her. I was sort of nervous
to take her and get her ears pierced mostly because
I couldn't really remember how it felt to get mine done.
But I figured it couldn't be nearly as bad as getting
shots, it's just a tiny prick, right :) Anyways, she had
no idea what was coming and she cried for about 5 seconds
and then she went back to sleep! I was so proud of her. It's funny though, how people are so opinionated about it. People I don't even know were just like "Oh my gosh! You are such a mean mom!" Sometimes I wonder if people stop and think about what they are saying to people they don't even know. Why would I care what some random person thinks? Obviously I do a little since I'm venting about it, but...I think it's funny. She hasn't even touched them or played with them. I'm starting her early to enjoy sparkly things :)

5 comments:

sara elizabeth said...

So cute! Babies with pierced ears are too adorable.

Lauren Maley said...

i think they are cute!

Sarah said...

It is my opinion that people really don't think before they speak. You shouldn't care what they think, you are the mom.

And obviously I think they are wonderful...since Jelly's been sporting them since she was 6 months.

She looks beautiful!

Adrienne said...

I think it's too cute! If people say stupid things like you're a mean mom perhaps you could say something like: you're a mean stranger who doesn't have a filter or manners. :)

KRISTIN BELL said...

I love em!Really, the fact that someone thinks you are are even could be a "mean Mom" is ridonculous!! I agree with Sarah.... doesn't matter what they think cause your the mom :)
I like A's advice too...I think I will use it regularly.