About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, daughter, friend, reader, wanna-be chef, interior designer who always has a project in mind, music lover, dish & silverware collecter, and runner. Plus a lot of other things, but I don't want to brag :)

7.21.2009

Firsts

I've been thinking about some of the firsts in my life since someone who'll remain nameless just got her first kiss. It reminded me of my first kiss. Allow me to walk down memory lane and share my story. Why? Cause it's fun :)
My first kiss was a matter of days after I'd turned 16 (technically I'm not counting the boys in elementary I used to CHASE down and kiss) and my best friend Liz and I were going to EFY together. Anyone who's gone remembers that there are kids ages 14-18 put in groups that you hang out with all week. And at BYU there's like 4 girls to every guy. Anyways, Liz and I get put in this, if I remember correctly, lame-o group with girls we didn't really bond with. The boys were...eh. Except for one. That's right folks...enter Isaac Peace. Blond hair, blue eyes college bound charmer. He was so cute and whenever I saw him I couldn't get a full sentence out.
One day while we were supposed to be in class, Liz and I ditched (a fundamental part of our friendship) and went back to our dorms. When we got back Isaac and his friends were playing basketball and asked if we wanted to play. Knowing how much I suck at basketball & how clumsy I am, we still said yes and it was all down hill from there. We went to classes together, ate meals together, he took me to the banquet where he ate a plastic fork for me (romantic huh!) danced every single dance together and walked home in the rain after the dance. As soon as we got close to our dorms we stopped and he kissed me. Talk about butterflies! It was awesome, that feeling of something new and special and all yours. Oh yeah, except all the boys from our group were watching us from their dorm rooms :) Good stuff.
All that, just to be reminded of the uniqueness of firsts...first kiss, first heartbreak, first love, first child, etc. Cool to think of the good and the bad and how grateful I am for each of them. They've made up part of who I am today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oohhh! that was such a cute story...i love firsts!

KRISTIN BELL said...

Finally, you tell the whole story!! I can't believe you've never told that to me before! I will never forget how ticked Mom and Dad were when they found out they paid for you to go to EFY and get kissed by a guy graduating High School! Ha...good memories!