About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, daughter, friend, reader, wanna-be chef, interior designer who always has a project in mind, music lover, dish & silverware collecter, and runner. Plus a lot of other things, but I don't want to brag :)

3.03.2009

I think I mentioned in an earlier post how this year was off to a rocky start, but that it had also started with some really great things. One of those was getting back into touch with my partner in crime from highschool. Literally, we were inseperable and I'm not sure how many people knew us individually. We were usually referred to as "Cara and Liz." Anyways, she posted about her "monster" and the reasons that she runs.

I also run. I'm not very fast and I don't go for hours but it is something I really enjoy doing. And I wanted to share the top ten reasons why I run...

1. i'm not a very competitive person, but when i run i really enjoy competing against myself. i enjoy the struggle between my body and mind and find strength in the times that my mind wins over my body.

2. 30-60 minutes of no thinking, no whining, no cleaning, listening to MY music as loud as I want are some of the best parts of my day :) I'm just doing my thing, which is such an amazing feeling. Not worrying about anyone else or anything. love it!

3. i run to be healthy and stay in shape. I want to enjoy life as long as I can and be able to do as much as I want when I'm older. It's really important to me that I'm healthy for my children & grandchildren.

4. i run because i have the ability to run. I've been blessed with a body that works and I'd be a fool not to take advantage of that.

5. running invigorates me & makes me feel alive. i can breathe & connect with myself and nature.

6. i run to feel a part of something; a good conversation with a friend, an amazing relay, the outdoors, the other people who are up & moving around at 6 am.

7. i run to make my legs stronger & muscleier (ha ha) so that kristin doesn't call me "chicken legs." so far running hasn't really improved either of those things, i'm still holding out for it to though.

8. i run to feel a sense of accomplishment. I love to feel the burn in my legs (and lungs) after a good run, makes me proud.

9. i run to feel that rush of adrenaline that comes after 3 miles, that rush that makes me feel like i could just keep going and never stop. i LOVE that feeling...where nothing hurts & it just feels natural to do it.

10. i run to show myself that i have power to change my habits.

Anyone else out there do something they love/sometimes loathe? You are tagged then...

8 comments:

KRISTIN BELL said...

I love you so much! That was really cool! I am so proud of you for finding something you love and that makes you feel great. I can't wait to cheer you through to the finish line at your half! There truely is something so freeing about it....so addicting. Can't wait to join you again in 7 months ;) Unfortunately....I think your stuck with your amazing, long, skinny, perfect chicken legs ;)

Anonymous said...

You are amazing. I can't even come up with one reason of why I would even want to run...I complain to Tim all the time that I want to lose weight and running never crosses my mind!

Liz said...

I just want to say DIDO! I love love love what you said because I feel the same way about all of it. I loved the first one. I love to compete against myself too.

Kourtney said...

I totally agree I love to run. Good luck with the legs.

Kirsten said...

I love and hate running too! There is something about getting done and feeling so good inside that you got out and did something really active for the day. :)

Jacilynn said...

You are awesome. I run, but wouldn't say that it's a love or passion of mine. Maybe someday, I'll get there.

Cody and Haylee said...

Wow Cara, You are simply amazing! Just reading that makes me want to go out and run... even though I know i couldn't even make it around the block :) Yet another reason I want you to move back and kick my butt in gear!

Anonymous said...

Possibly the most amazing blog that I read all year! Wedding Dress Shops, Bar Phone Louboutin Shoes Louboutin Shoes Princess A-Line